Year 11 GCSE Revision Material
(Select to download)
All pupils have an account with MathsWatch
The username is the same as the doddle logon with the extra "@tmcs" added on, i.e. john.brown32@tmcs
Ask your class teacher for your MathsWatch password
We believe that Mathematics should be fun, exciting, challenging and relevant to all our students.
For Year 7
- Average class sizes in Year 7 & 8 are around 20 pupils. Some classes have as few as 11 pupils.
- A comprehensive series of induction lessons that review basic numeracy and allow us to assess pupils at the very start of the term
- Early setting (by week 3) allowing pupils to build on their strengths and develop in areas of weaknesses. Setting is then closely monitored and reviewed
- Regular homework (weekly) and testing (mini topic tests fortnightly)
- Intervention for weaker pupils and additional opportunities for those who particularly enjoy the subject (weekly after school/lunch time sessions)
For the student
- Access to online teaching and practice resources for use at home and in school
- Regular assessment which tells pupils what they can do well and what they need to do to get better (mini topic tests)
For the parent
- Accurate and timely feedback on student’s progress (postcards, texts, phone calls and Term Test summary sheets)
- Teachers available via email to deal with individual pupil issues
- Information about assessments (including revision lists and dates), homework and other activities available at all times via the school’s MLE allowing parents to monitor and support their child at home
- Revision classes and support – resources, after school/Saturday sessions
- Regular Intervention classes of 3-4 pupils
- Small sets for students who find Mathematics difficult (15)
- We have a rapidly developing 6th Form with a high uptake for A-level Mathematics.
- A one year Mathematics Booster course to allow pupils on GCSE C/B to make it to A-Level Mathematics
Enrichment for all
- We offer a range of real life Mathematics activities and workshops as part of regular teaching and as a central part of our Science and Mathematics week. We have a weekly lunchtime and after school Maths Club which is open to all pupils for help or just extra practice. Specialist Gifted and Talented, Problem Solving and Booster sessions take place after school throughout the year.
Students receive a personalized approach to all stages of their education. We offer many levels of intervention and support. We work hard to ensure that every child achieves their full potential.
Curriculum Leader, Mrs A Yaqub